Consultants, we love them and we hate them. We hire consultants because the leadership team cannot do everything; we need a fresh and unbiased perspective; and in most cases, we need their subject matter expertise.
However, when we hire a consultant sometimes the experience is not at all what we envisioned. At times we feel like the process is actually adding to our workload; leaving us with a mess and a practically useless implementation plan; and as a result a very low return on investment.
Thorough out my career, I have had the opportunity to work with a number of
different consultants ranging from consultants in the technology sector and international firms to experts in change management, strategic planning, and recruitment. In this journey, I had the opportunity to learn from these experts what to do and what not to do and this has informed my approach to service delivery to my clients now.
At PossibilitiesUnlimited we work with you to promote organizational health and performance. This encompasses:
- managing change
- implementing meaningful performance and evaluation tactics
- aligning your strategies and your day to day operations with your vision and values
- implementing feasible action plans
When your strategy, operation, values, and vision are aligned, you will witness a positive shift in your organization.
What is important to remember though is that this will require an investment of resources on your part but the pay off will be worth it. So how do we do it?
- The first step will be to clarify expectations and outcomes. What do you want to get out of this process and how will you measure success? This will spell out expectations which will in turn inform the implementation plan.
- We will support you to identify your greatest challenges/barriers to achieving your desired outcome. This will allow us to come up with strategies to address these challenges early in the process.
- Together we will identify the stakeholders to ensure their voice are captured. We will facilitate these sessions and bring you recommendations accordingly.
- We will then come up with a timeline, resources required including your time, and the time of your team. This will ensure we are all on the same page about the amount of work expected from your organization.
- At the end of the process we will leave you with the tools you need to achieve your goals. After all, your organization has the assets and capabilities. we are just supporting you to achieve your potential.
As you can see, throughout this process, you and the consultant form a partnership. This requires your time as you know your organization better than anyone else. You know where challenges and opportunities lie. What you need is someone who can help you tease it out, recommend best practices, and leave you and your team with the tools you need.
Once the processes are in place, your organization will have the road map to move forward and have meaningful measurement tools to evaluate your success along the way. To learn more about how PossibilitiesUnlimited can support your organization, get in touch.